luni, 9 februarie 2015

International Journalism Seminar TVR Iasi 2014

I told you a few days ago that I am going to participate  to this event .And so I did. And I'm glad I did it.
I want to apologise for writing this so late ,but school takes a lot of my time.
First of all I want to speak about the little problems I had before going there. When I found out I was supposed to go to Iasi I sent an e-mail to the one that organised the event asking about accomodation and that was my bad, but I knew they were lodging[??] Alexandra somewhere ,so I presumed [do not do that , it's a bad thing] that they were doing that for everyone ,but they werent. So the night before my departure [tuesday evening] I get a call from someone in Tecuci [I'm not gonna name that person ,because it'a not a nice thing to do] telling me "Why did you signed up? You weren't invited!" . And it's true I haven't been invited because the participation wasn't based on an invitation. If it would have been like that the TVR Iasi team wouldn't have made it public ,but they did and they had no fault in this small incident that occured between me and this person. And I was so mad because this man had no idea what this was about but still he was reproching me some things that ...had absolutly no sense. Anyway he gave me the number of one of the organisers and everything was solved in less than 2 minutes.So no harm done.
The next morning I took the bus at 5:30 from Tecuci (joy!!)  and I arrived in Iasi at aproximatelly 9 and then at Palas Mall at 9:10 or 9:15 so I was a tad late. 
The schedule was followed with a little gap but taking into consideration that this happened wednesday and today is tuesday I don't remember what was it about . Sorry not sorry.
I'm not sure I will be able to talk about what was discussed there because it will take ages so I'm just going to go over some moments let's say random cuz I have no criteria for what I'm going to write next.
In the first day of SIJ I enjoyed very much Maria Florea's presentation about symbolic violence in television which led to CNA and  the idea of free speech and I liked it so much because it cointained some things that I actually studied at school [at sociology] so it was very easy for me to relate to the subject she was talking about  and I had quite a few observations to make but I was way too nervous so I didn't [silly me ,really]. I wanted to talk about something called in sociology [I actually translate this ,so this concept might have a different name in englidsh] competences in mass-media . And it refers to the consumers ,to their competences of distinguishing from informing and manipulating for exemple. It's quite interesting.
The other presentation I really really enjoyed was David Lowen's presentation. In the morning he talked about public broadcasters. What made his presentation interesting [for me at least] was the way he presented it [I know it sounds bad ,but I have no other word.Sorry not sorry ]. The powerpoint he had was  used only as suport for what he talked about . He could keep us focused on what he was saying and we could see that he spoke in front of groups like us before and he knew what he was doing . In other words we could see that he had experience not only in journalism but in public speaking too.
In the same day I learned about the more let's say technical aspects of television like rating or sharing.
Overall it was a intriguing, entertaining day. 

Uh! At the end of it ,at aproximately 5:40, 5:50 I appeared live in a tv show with another girl from Iasi .And in was awesome because I was extremely nervous and I expected to blurt something like "hi ,mom!" but I didn't and I answerd those questions pretty ok and I thought after that that [?] it wasn't that bad .
 In the second day of the SIJ Cristina Cujba talked about the project Iasi-cultural capital of Europe 2021 . From what I know only Sibiu was a romania cultural capital of Europe in 2007 ,I think. From what I've heard for the 2021 title there are more that 2 candidate cities from Romania ,but I only know for sure about Iasi and Timisoara. 
Then Valerie Giacomello from France Televison told us about the french public broadcasters but the thing is she spoke in french and even if we had a translation it was very difficult for me to follow her because I can't really concentrate on 2 things at once and I couldn't listen to the translator because it wasn't loud enough and I could still hear her speaking in french . Her powerpoint on the other hand was very visual so I can actually remember some things from there. What I really liked ,even thought it's not spectacular or anything was the logo for a program named Midi en France and it look like this : 
 I don't know why but I really liked this image. 
After a short coffe break David Lowen talked about the Prix Circom and I was quite surprised to find out that TVR has submited 18 ,if I remember corectly , let's say stories [because I have no other better word]. And that's a lot. And after looking on the Circom Regional web page I found out that Timisoara was the host for the annual conference in 2011. 
And here's a picture of me and David Lowen .

After the lunch break we were told about a campain started by TVR Iasi called 'Your story at TVR Iasi' and they created a facebook page where people submited stories about people they thought they deserved to be spoken about . And there were 3 final stories we voted for [liked] that day for the next day when the winner was announced. In the same day Youtube was an intersting subject we talked about . It was like how to make a succesful video and the rules for that were quite funny. If I recall right it had to be short [1 minute ,maximum 2] , it has to be funny , you have to use children or pets [this sounds wrong :D :D] . 
Oh ,oh , and we've seen a very nice flash mob . It was funny. Here it is.

In the third day of SIJ we talked about social media and how important it is for televisions , and I must admit it is extremely important. Then we talked about MoJo aka Mobile Journalism with Karol Cioma .
 I didn't even know you could do such ...professional videos with a mobile phone. It is true that beside a phone you need some other equipment but still...it's a mobile phone. 
This video was filmed with an Iphone and I was like hell no. But it was ,and it's awesome . But I realise now that it was a lot of work involved that filming something is not that easy and neither is editing .
Here it is.

Before the lunch break Karol Cioma gave us a task . We had to do a short video . And I took it pretty serious so I went to Tatto Fest and I talked with a tattoo artist , Bram and he agreed to let me film him . What I really  wanted to do was a bit complicated and the truth is I couldn't do even half of it but it was okay after all because I had fun and that was the main point. You can find my video in this post
This is pretty much how these days have gone. I learned a lot of things that I can apply in my everyday life actually . It was really awesome . I actually got to exercise my english thing that I didn't know it would happen. 
So ,this is it, 
Byeeee!!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu